Monday, August 6, 2007

Laguna Garden Cafe Gets a Facelift

Dinner at the Laguna Garden Cafe last week was a tad uncomfortable. The place was getting retrofitted together with Ayala Center's expansion so diners were crowded in the ground floor dining area. Conversation was twice as difficult with the bad acoustics, loud music punctuated with the whine of drills working in the second floor.

Its a good thing Lita Urbina and family were still able to dish out the same good quality food that made up for the inconvenience that the renovations caused.

Fried Calamari with Sweet and Sour Sauce.
The squid is just fried right so its not rubbery. I
think i ate 1 order of this appetizer by myself.

They made a mistake with our Lechon Kawali order
and Lechon Paksiw arrived instead.
No problem.
We enjoyed this more :-)

There was more food on the table that night than these photos show: Crispy Pata, Rellenong Bangus, Chicharon Bulaklak, Tinolang Manok but they were decimated before there was any chance to take photos and I was only able to shoot dishes that were placed right in front of me.

I'm not exactly fond of Buko Pandan dessert.
I don't find green gelatin with milk and buko strips
particularly exciting. Would have preferred
something else actually, in fact, fresh fruits might
have been better. But hey, when someone else
is paying, why complain?

1 comment:

docemdy said...

I remember eating here 6 or 7 years ago. Masarap. I even tried the durian ice cream.